Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Hope

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' Name


On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand



ALL other ground is sinking sand and seemingly sinking quickly these days. Woe to those whose hope is in money: sinking sand. Woe to those whose hope is in a democratic form of government: sinking sand. Woe to those whose hope is in President Obama, or former President Bush, or anyone less than Christ: sinking sand.


My hope is Jesus Christ. Therefore, I still have hope. I still have hope that this nation can be brought to its knees. By all standards, worldly and Biblical, it seems that the end of American prosperity and dominance is near. The falling of America could fit very well into Christian eschatology and we seem to be marching ever nearer to the point of no return (or, more correctly, of THE return). And, though I personally believe that the Tribulation is near (and therefore the Rapture), only God knows and determines when He gathers His Bride. I need to live in the urgency of Christ's return but in the longevity and perseverence of fulfilling Christ's Great Commission to us. I will not give up on revival. Perhaps, by God's grace, the end of American prosperity and dominance will be the very thing to trigger revival (it seems the only likely scenario at this time).   

My hope is Jesus Christ. I still have hope--and pray diligently for-- the humbling of President Obama before Almighty God. If the likes of Nebuchanezzar and Manasseh can be humbled, I have no doubt that Obama can do the same under the mighty hand of God. I pray that we can be in heaven together recalling the silliness of his power grab this past week. Though it very well could be that Obama's heart has already been hardened by God that He may fulfill HIS purposes through him, my job is to pray for Obama's salvation. It is not my job to declare him "unsaved". God does as He pleases: we are called to follow His will by loving "the Lord [our] God with all [our] heart, soul and mind....and love our neighbor as [ourselves]" (Matthew 22: 37-39). By the way, I still pray for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: " Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

May we all be a people of Hope-- the true hope of Jesus to the world. Spirit, manifest yourself through us that the world may call on the name of the Lord and be saved.

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my Hope and Stay

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand




No comments:

Post a Comment