Saturday, December 17, 2016

Loco o No?

Estas loco?

15 to 20 years ago, I may have thought I would do something loco for God – like jump out of a plane with a banner attached proclaiming John 3:16. That's just silly, not crazy.

My platinum-blonde-pixie-cut-six-earring-tattooed self of yesteryear could not have imagined a homeschooling-Suburban-driving-stay-at-home mom of at least five. God's crazy plan is so much different from my own. And I love it.

I don't actually call His plan crazy and I'm not doing anything crazy for Jesus. I am simply following His call for our lives. To some, it looks a bit crazy. That's OK. If it is, I am so grateful for the craziness.

We have been called to adopt again. Five or six kids is hardly crazy. The part that will get a few relatives choking on their Christmas ham is the method of adoption.

God has graciously and delightfully called us to embryo adoption. Never heard of it? Neither had we. We will adopt embryos (though not considered adoption legally: perhaps more on that later) and up to 2 to 3 will be implanted so I will carry and deliver our adopted child/ren. Though we don't know all the why's of God's calling, we know He has been very clear.

When God calls, we are to step out in faith and obedience. As this loco thing unfolds, I'm so excited to see what God is doing in our midst.

(I apologize that I didn't take the time to convert to a Spanish keyboard: yes, I am aware of the upside-down question mark and accent in estas ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment