Friday, March 3, 2017

Choosing an Ellis

Wednesday, March 1 15:00 CST. I just finished T25 with Shawn T. I had enough time to shower and get to church on time (assuming my hair wouldn't be thrown back into another pony tail). Tim skips in: "We have profiles." Accompanying the announcement was the urging look that spoke, "you need to come out to my office now and we are going to look. Oh, yeah, now." And "now" was when I wanted to come. My shower was swift, my hands excitedly shaky as I attempted any chance of making up my face, and I ran out minutes later with a wet head.

Tim's screen was full of pdf's ready to view. PDF's at this point meant "Pretty Dumb Founding" and oh, so exciting. These weren't just pdf's. These files represented life waiting to be nurtured and birthed. One to two of these files contained a life we cannot wait to nurture, grow in utero and introduce to the world as the newest Ellis. How incredible is that?

On Wednesday, I thought I was leaning one direction, and was surprised-- excitedly so-- at God's answer yesterday. As we reached out for prayer during our review, a wonderful sister friend texted "Praying for God to place His hands on your baby and for you to hear Him." He did and we did. God's hands are on our baby (babies?) and we know in His hands are strength, protection, peace, love and comfort for our child/ren.

In His hands are strength, protection, peace, love and comfort for us.

His hands are strength, protection, peace, love and comfort for you. No matter what season you find yourself in today. By surrender, place yourself in His hands and let Him mold you and hold you.

God's love and the peace of Jesus accompanied by the fire of the Holy Spirit to you all.

You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Psalm 139: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment