I have come to the realization lately that I am not worshiping the same God I was 5 years ago. 5 years ago, I was worshiping the God of "Small Miracles Through Coincidence", the God of "He Can Heal, But Will He?", the God of "He Doesn't Need Me to Do Anything (But Maybe Just a Little Bit)". With God's grace, I now worship:
The God of Abraham, who made him a father while it was deemed humanly impossible, made him the father of many nations, who provided a ram
The God of Isaac, who made covenant through his line, who remains faithful to his descendants, who gave him his heart's desire
The God of David, who slaughtered the giant (because, stealing from Max Frazier, David's God was at LEAST 9'10"), who crowned a shepherd boy king, who called David a man after His own heart even though this same man had committed adultery and murder
The God of Peter, who chose him, who was patient with the impetuous temperment, who forgave a traitor, who gifted the ordinary, who fellowshipped in suffering
The God of Paul, who loved a murderer, transformed a sinner, strengthened him in need, blessed him with His Spirit
I could go on, but I would rather that you would leave comments to add to the list. Please, "COMMENT" away! (please.)
The God of the universe who made stars so big that billions of earths could fit inside them...but yet knows me by name.
ReplyDelete