A disclaimer. Waves are presented in the Bible are tumultuous, but God has control over them, giving them boundaries and He stills them. I am not using a Biblical analogy in my post and I tread carefully on this post-- and I am asking you to do the same.
A month ago, we took a family vacation to the Yucatan, Mexico. Most of the kids time was spent in the water; most of this was spent trying to body surf. As I was out there with my kids, I realized that my attempts at body surfing was somewhat reflective of God's work in my life at that point.
I know very little about surfing, but I have begun to look intentionally for the right wave. There are many good waves to try to ride, but if you just take a good wave, you are missing "the" wave in the meantime. The right wave takes patience and intentionality to see. There are so many good things that we can be doing, but I wondered how many times I have missed out on the very thing that God has called me to while I have been distracted by those things I deem good and I decide on my own to do.
When I saw the wave I had been waiting for coming, one of two things occurred. As happened a few times, I froze, questioning the wave, only to watch it go by me and exclaim, "Shoot! That was the one!" And the wave was gone and I missed it. I, too, have been a bystander to the things of God and have watched the movement of the Spirit move right by me while I stood frozen, contemplating.
But the beauty of watching and waiting for the right wave-- the one that built the energy to carry me to shore on its crest-- and jumping on, that was giggly delight.
And this, my friends, is how I feel about where God's Spirit is taking us on this journey of embryo adoption. God's Spirit is moving and all we have to do is ride this wave into shore. This is none of our own doing, our own power or energy: God alone. I praise God that He showed us the right wave and prompted us to dive on top and let God do the rest.
I pray that, as the Spirit is always moving, that you would be prompted to begin or continue to follow as He is leading, under His power to sustain you and give you His victory.
My prayer request this week: I would be ready for our appointment on February 1--my body needs to be on track for proper assessment. Thanks friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment